Home

Search This Blog

Sunday, July 17, 2011

Signed Some Papers, Caught Some Carp




Katy was already at the Carp Lodge with some of her friends. Oh wait, she calls it the summer home. While her friends where there I came over to pick her up and take her to Moses Lake to sign our final documents. We had a construction loan and it is being converted to a permanent loan. I dropped off some things and said hello to her friends. It wasn't time to go and sign yet so I had to figure out what to do for a few hours. I could sit in my truck and day dream. I could rake the gravel and try to make it look like an ornamental garden. I could jog up and down the street for three hours. Well heck, I just decided to go Carp fishing.

Way back in May of 2004 I brought my first Carp to hand on the fly. I had caught one by accident many years before but did not get it to hand and it was just something I guess I kept in the back of my mind. I consider the one I caught in May 2004 and got to hand as the first one I caught. I was a whopping 3 1/2 pounds. I was fishing a six weight with 3X fluorocarbon. I saw the take, the fish actually jumped straight up when I set the hook, and that about did it for me. I knew I was going to like this a whole lot.

In those few hours of "forced fishing" I was able to get two grabs. Considering I only saw two tailing fish, a few shoppers, and a few cruisers, I felt pretty good about that. I got one of the tailers to pick up the Carp Carrot and I got a shopper to pick up the Carrot too. The tailing fish was the smallest Carp I have caught since catching that first one back in 2004. It was almost an exact replica. He was exactly 3 1/2 pounds. I almost never see Carp this small in the Columbia but it keeps me humble so that's a good thing.

I would like to only post pictures of monster fish all caught on days where all I did was catch big fish and lots of them. I think that I would like every day of Carp fishing to be that way. They are not. I nail 'em some days but certainly not every day. Here is a picture of my little fish from signing day.



This one was bigger and he took the Carrot too.



In building the Carp Lodge we had a terrible experience with the banker and are glad that part of the process is finally over!

Much more importantly we had a tremendous experience with Gary at Triton Custom Homes. Katy and I both feel good about whole heartedly recommending him.

No comments:

Post a Comment