Home

Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Spider Dodging All Day



Fish On!


I tried some new water again. This day was characterized by lots and lots of "bleeping" spiders. I have seen this particular spider before but never in the massive quantities I saw today. At one point I saw 9 seperate webs, each with its own webmaster. I didn't even have to turn my head to take in all nine webs. The webs were thick and strong. Each web seemed to have at least one strand that was as thick as a piece of string. I tried walking through one to get to a different spot and before it broke it noticeably pulled a branch. It gave me the creeps that there were so many of them. I started to worry one would jump on me for a free ride and along the way it would bite me, poison me, or turn me into fishing troll.

Maybe life as a fishing troll wouldn't be all bad... I could fish every day and wherever I went people would get out of the way and let me have the water to myself. No, people would yell at me and throw rocks at me, they would tell me to stay away.

Little kids would say, "What is that daddy?"

Daddy would say, "It's a nasty fishing troll."

"What does it do daddy?"

"It just fishes all day and doesn't do much of anything else. Don't look at it; it's so ugly."

No, I don't think I want to be a fishing troll. I still want to kiss my wife so I'm glad I came home as me. At one point I saw something crawling on the brim of my hat. It was one of the dang troll makers so I brushed it off and it landed on a large rock.

I saw some cruising fish, a fair number of napping fish, and not many tailers. I got fish to hand and it helped keep my mind off of being carried away and poisoned.

I had one on that I am sure was over 20 pounds. I was able to play him for awhile but he went charging off into some rocks and seperated himself and the fly from me and everything else.

The Webmaster is Home.









Four Sentries

No comments:

Post a Comment