Home

Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Carp on a Dry Fly

I traveled to Montana trying to catch a bunch of Carp on a dry fly. I met up with my good friend Keith and we fished for 4 1/2 days. I had hoped to get 4 or 5 Carp on dry flies each day. Plus another 10 or 15 on wet flies too. Okay, maybe not the first day; we only fished for a few hours. But the other days, heck yes, I was hoping to slay 'em. Well it didn't quite happen that way but we did manage to get Mr. Buglemouth to take our wet flies and then to finally come up and take a Skitter off the surface.

A caddis imitation called Skitter




The Skitter tricked this Montana Carp

.

We fished the Missouri River and it was very different than the Columbia where I usually fish. The river is beautiful.



Some of the fish were even nice enough to grab our flies.


The take truly is the premier moment. Here is a video of Carp on a Dry Fly

2 comments:

  1. Good fly fihing blog of alternatives species.
    Greetings from Spain.

    www.barbosconmosca.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brother of hooks, Mr. P::
    Glad you like the fish like me.
    I wish to continue to enjoy such beautiful passion, I do not consider a sport.
    From the province of Corrientes Argentina,
    Cn affection
    A giant hug ...
    An affectionate sapukay .-
    p / d: Sapukay: jubilant cry, emblematic of my region. Another hug

    ReplyDelete