Home

Search This Blog

Thursday, October 1, 2009

My First "School Day" fishing


September 8, was the first day with students in Marysville. It was very weird for me to go fishing but in the end it was good. I have been busy with my new career and enjoying it. First period started at 7:20 for approximately the past 20 years. I wanted to catch a fish right at 7:20.

I dilly dallied after the alarm went off; at least for now I'm still getting up at 5:00 AM just as if I was going to get ready for school. I didn't make my first cast until 7:27. I guess that sort of makes me tardy on my first "school day" of fishing. Bad boy.

There was very little movement in the tide this day. I think that effected the fishing. Slower fishing couldn't possibly have anything to do with something I was or wasn't doing. I had didn't even get a dang strike until 9:45. I was ready to "go home sick" on my school day of fishing. I got a fish at exactly 10:20. That's when first lunch started so that was good. I released the fish and ate my lunch right on schedule.

In the next 2 1/2 hours I got more fish but I didn't have nearly the strikes that I had the week before.

I had some good pictures of fish and scenery from this trip but alas they are all gone. Where they went is for another post. The picture in this post is from last week.

No comments:

Post a Comment